SHOO's time code

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Wed May 19 03:45:42 PDT 2010

On Tue, 18 May 2010 14:10:05 -0400, Moritz Warning <moritzwarning at web.de>
wrote:

> On Tue, 18 May 2010 14:24:40 +0000, superdan wrote:
>
>> == Quote from Steven Schveighoffer (schveiguy at yahoo.com)'s article
>>> Having written most of the API for tango.time, I sorta like it :)  I
>>> really like the API that SHOO came up with based on it.  If there's any
>>> way to get SHOO's code into Phobos, I want to pursue that first.  If
>>> this fails, we can go with boost.
>>> -Steve
>>
>> i feel ya bro. i once sorta liked a hoe with herpes.
>>
>> way i c it is simple. it's fucking dates and fucking times. wut the
>> fuck. ain't a fucking operating system. no matter how u dress a pig u
>> still call it a fucking pig. if u have da datetime functionality it
>> don't matter to be cute. we is wasting time sucking lars douche's cock 2
>> give us permission 2 his fucking shit. fuck that shit. dis must be da
>> least amount of power that got to some idiot's head.
>
> Wut?
>
> Person A wrote some code and had a look at code from person B.
> Now person C says that A need to get permission from B so that C can use
> the code from A.
> The reason is because the license of the code written by B isn't quite
> compatible with the license recently chosen by C.
>
> And now you are calling B an idiot/douche for that reason?

Let's make it a bit clearer.  Person A *used* the code from person B, and
used the *documentation* of said code to write his own similar library.
Person A has not claimed that he looked at the source.  Person B claims
that it is impossible to do so without actually looking at the source, but
has not yet cited any specific copying.  Person C doesn't want any
trouble, and just is being extra careful.

I don't really like the situation, but if this is the way it has to be,
then let's get it done and move on.

-Steve