dcollections 1.0 and 2.0a beta released

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Wed May 19 13:07:25 PDT 2010

Ellery Newcomer Wrote:

> Are the collections supposed to not have isEmpty members?

No.  Use length == 0.  O(1) length is always supported for all collections.

> OTish: What are your thoughts on a bimap implementation and a
> child/sibling or general tree implementation as part of dcollections?

I haven't the slightest what a bimap is :)  I am not an expert in collections or data structures, I just reimplement things I have understood.  My implementations are basically copied from my algorithm book, and refined as much as I can do.

That being said, if you have any implementation of a tree or hash, it should be easy to insert into dcollections.  If you have ideas for other collection types (i.e. other than Map, Set, Multiset or List), then I can look into that if you point me at an implementation or have one of your own.  I purposefully left out multi-map because I've never had a huge use for it, and it seemed like a awkward thing to create an interface for...

-Steve