dcollections 1.0 and 2.0a beta released

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Fri May 21 10:45:10 PDT 2010

> bearophile Wrote:
>
>> Andrei Alexandrescu:
>>> Destroy me :o).
>>
>> You ideas are surely interesting, but I don't think there's a
>> simple way to change his code according to your ideas.
>
> I don't think the ideas are mutually exclusive.  I don't see why
> having an interface prevents someone from using a concept on the
> concrete class.
>
>> People can use the dcollections in the following weeks and months,
>> and when you have implemented your ideas the people that like them
>> can switch to using your collections.
>
> If it's at all possible, I'd like to cooperate on making dcollections
> phobos-qualified.  So I'm glad to try and find a way to satisfy
> Andrei's concerns.

I'm very grateful to hear that; as I said, dcollections embody a great
deal of solid work for which I have all admiration. If we disagree, I
hope we won't make this a willpower struggle :o). Let the best ideas
win. That being said, how something is said matters even if the said is
true; I'll be extra careful with that.

Andrei