dcollections 1.0 and 2.0a beta released

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Mon May 24 08:21:20 PDT 2010

> I am not familiar with tries,

Missed that upon the first read. I suggest you look at tries and the
following other structures as good examples that it's futile to fit
collections into hierarchies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trie
http://linux.thai.net/~thep/datrie/datrie.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suffix_tree
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kd-tree

We'd want to implement in time those and many more in Phobos without
worrying that some of their primitives won't fit the existing
interfaces, and also without the unjustified effort of formalizing
interfaces for each of them in thinking that another very, very similar
container will come along.

Andrei