dcollections 1.0 and 2.0a beta released

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Mon May 24 10:08:14 PDT 2010

On Mon, 24 May 2010 13:04:31 -0400, bearophile <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com>
wrote:

> Steven Schveighoffer:
>> Scope class members should solve this.  It's been thrown around forever
>> --
>> essentially, you should be able to define that a class member's storage
>> is
>> contained within the owner object.
>
> I too have proposed this idea, but in my opinion you can't design a big
> part of a standard lib on the base of a syntax/language optimization
> that doesn't exists yet.

Yeah, but essentially, it's an optimization.  Whether the storage is
stored in the same heap block or a different one really doesn't matter in
terms of functionality.  Allocating one heap block vs. two is faster,
that's what the OP was saying.

In other words, scope class members aren't essential to using dcollections.

-Steve