dmd 1.061 and 2.046 release

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Thu May 27 15:57:35 PDT 2010

Jérôme M. Berger wrote:
> Ary Borenszweig wrote:
>> Jérôme M. Berger wrote:
>>> Walter Bright wrote:
<snip>

>>>     Text is black here. But it is very thin, are you sure this isn't an
>>> anti-aliasing issue?

In Windows Vista at least, anti-aliasing (whether Standard or ClearType)
clearly isn't a straight average, considering that zooming out doesn't
cause it to fade.  AIUI, part of M$'s patent on ClearType is about how
it differs from straight average anti-aliasing by colour stripes.  I
don't really know how it works.  Nor do I know how the anti-aliasing in
other OSs compares.  But there, there's also the issue of system gamma
vs. CSS standard gamma (well, sRGB) and whether or not the browser corrects.

>> It's #323232
>>
> 	Well, that's dark grey, not light grey like Walter said he gets...

Which text?

In the top half, most of the text is #333333 (obscure grey, according to
the VisiBone naming).

In the bottom half, most of the text is #666666 (dark grey) or #777777.

(Firefox 3.6.3, examined using Firebug)

Stewart.