TDPL in Russian

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail
Thu Nov 11 03:14:14 PST 2010

On 10/11/2010 18:25, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> On 10.11.2010 1:22, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> Just got word from my editor that TDPL has been approved for
>> translation in Russian.
>>
>> Andrei
> Awesome!
>
> P.S. God, if you hear me, please, send us some _adequate_ Russian
> translators/reviewers.

Yes, technical books are crap without good translators. Of all the
technical books I've read more that a few pages, only one was in my
native language. It was about C++, and the translation was awful,
especially at a few key phrases. It was still good to get an intro to
the language (that's how I first learned about C actually), but later on
(especially when I got into college, when book choice was greater), I
would avoid any technical books not in English. I would do that even if
the translation was great, I just much rather think and understand about
computer technical subject in English.
I actually would hope more people would do the same, but that's a
personal ideology, so to speak.

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer