blip 0.5

Fawzi Mohamed fawzi at gmx.ch
Thu Nov 18 02:48:32 PST 2010

On 18-nov-10, at 01:49, klickverbot wrote:

> On 11/18/10 1:12 AM, Bill Baxter wrote:
>> Nice work!  Is it for D2 or D1?  Or both?
>> --bb
>
> I hope you don't mind me answering, Fawzi:

sure I don't mind, actually I hope more people will get involved :)

> Currently, it's D1 only.

yes, indeed, I have considered D2, and there are things that I like
about it, but as of now it is still too early for me to switch to it.
- I am not too keen on fighting again will obscure threading bugs (but
Sean is very helpfully considering my changes and adding them to
druntime, so that might go well).
- I need a stable 64 bit compiler, that is coming, but is not there yet
- I feel that in general if I delay a bit my job will just get easier
- D2 will need porting and testing, now I would rather use my library

In any case that is a good topic, so I posted about it in digitalmars-d

Fawzi