Announcing: D support in SWIG

klickverbot see at klickverbot.at
Sun Nov 21 09:27:51 PST 2010

In a nutshell, SWIG is a »glue code« generator, allowing you to access
C/C++ libraries from various target languages, including C#, Go, Java,
Ruby, Python … and, since I merged my work into SWIG trunk a few days
ago, also D, both version 1 and 2.

I have put up a short description of it at my blog
(http://klickverbot.at/blog/2010/11/announcing-d-support-in-swig/), but
to give it a whirl, just head over to the SWIG SVN and build it from
there (http://swig.org/svn.html).

I would be glad if some brave souls could go ahead and test it in
real-world use cases before it is officially released with SWIG for the
first time (SWIG 2.0.2, date yet to be determined), so that any major
bugs can be ironed out before.

If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to post them here,
drop me a line, or ask right away in #D at freenode. While I am quite
busy at the moment, I'd be happy to help you with any issues
(particularly happy if they concern the SWIG side of implementing
enhancements, obviously, but also simple usage questions). Besides that,
as always, it would be nice just to hear about what you are using this for.

Happy coding,
David