Build a D project is now easy

Russel Winder russel at russel.org.uk
Mon Nov 22 03:10:53 PST 2010

On Mon, 2010-11-22 at 01:50 +0000, bioinfornatics wrote:
> hello community,
> I have start a project for generate easily a build system for D
> project. Currently in d world everyone use his own build system for
> build a new project with a new system is a bit hard for everyone, for
> debug  same thing. My tool generate
> makefile system for your project in one command:

Not entirely true.  Many people use make even though it is past it's
"use by" date.  Many people use SCons, many others use Waf, and some use
CMake.

GIven that your system is a Makefile manager, you problably need to
argue why a new system and not add-ins to CMake -- which is now the
default makefile manager system.

> $ dmake --path src --lib src/myProject/
> and for user he need ony do:
> $ make
> $ make install
>
> At this time only works for build a library.
> This system is usefull for support ldc, gdc and dmd compiler
>
> You can found the project here: http://gitorious.org/dmake/dmake
>
> Any help are welcome

Do we really need yet another build framework?  The answer may be either
yes or no, but just because a given programming language hasn't yet been
used to write a new build framework doesn't mean it needs to be.
NIH-like syndrome has given rise to SBT, Lancet, GoBuild, GoFR, Rake,
etc., etc.  Is it certain D has to be used to create a new framework for
build?

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at russel.org.uk