Build a D project is now easy

Russel Winder russel at russel.org.uk
Mon Nov 22 08:13:58 PST 2010

On Mon, 2010-11-22 at 08:47 -0500, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> >"Russel Winder" <russel at russel.org.uk> wrote in message
> >news:mailman.555.1290424163.21107.digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com...
> >NIH-like syndrome has given rise to SBT, Lancet, GoBuild, GoFR, Rake,
> etc., etc.
>
> Hey, I like rake :)  But that's because I dislike python (SCons) syntax and
> outright despise make.

I don't think make is to be despised, it was a revolution and a
revelation in 1978, but it has come to the end of its useful life.

As for Rake, it would have been fine if there had been any support
infrastructure for languages other than Ruby.  Rant tried to go this
route but sadly the project has stalled into demise.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at russel.org.uk