Build a D project is now easy

Leandro Lucarella luca at llucax.com.ar
Mon Nov 22 21:04:06 PST 2010

Nick Sabalausky, el 22 de noviembre a las 12:54 me escribiste:
> "Manfred_Nowak" <svv1999 at hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:Xns9E38B3AFCD756svv1999hotmailcom at 65.204.18.192...
> > Russel Winder wrote:
> >
> >> but it has come to the end of its useful life
> >
> > why. I ask because I just realized, that llvm still uses it.
> >

> Make's in the same boat as C++: Highly significant in the past, and still
> used because of intertia, but garbage by modern standards.

!?

Generally people that say that is people that don't understand Make.

Make is not a build system, make is a unix tool, it does one thing and
it do it well, and that thing is rebuilding something based on
dependencies. Usually Make is a tool to use as a building block when you
need something more complex.

Make is a great tool, just don't ask it to do things it doesn't suppose
to do.