Build a D project is now easy

Russel Winder russel at russel.org.uk
Tue Nov 23 08:18:49 PST 2010

On Tue, 2010-11-23 at 23:43 +0800, Lionello Lunesu wrote:
> On 22-11-2010 19:10, Russel Winder wrote:
[ . . . ]
> > GIven that your system is a Makefile manager, you problably need to
> > argue why a new system and not add-ins to CMake -- which is now the
> > default makefile manager system.
>
> Did I miss a memo? I never heard of CMake, and suddenly it's the default?

There are defaults and defaults.  Perhaps what I should have said was:
for those people who wish to continue to use Make as the build tool
underneath a modern framework then CMake is the de facto standard tool
for managing Make files.

Personally I do not like the CMake language, I much prefer Python, Lisp,
etc. hence I prefer Waf and SCons.   There is no doubt though that many
people prefer CMake over SCons, Waf, Autotools , and Make.

If anyone involved in any aspect of build has not heard of all of these
tools then it is almost certainly in that person's best interest to do a
little bit of investigation and learning.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at russel.org.uk