New home page

Robert Clipsham robert at octarineparrot.com
Mon Oct 4 13:17:31 PDT 2010

On 04/10/10 19:42, Walter Bright wrote:
> Stewart Gordon wrote:
>> The layout breaks in anything but the default text zoom.
>
> The annoying thing about this is everyone says "don't use tables for
> layout, use CSS." Except that using CSS for layout DOESN'T WORK
> RELIABLY. With tables, I can get 3 columns that are actually 3 columns,
> not 3 columns that are a side effect of bugs in CSS.

You shouldn't use tables for layout. There's nothing wrong with using
tables for tabular data though... This said, I can't make my mind up
whether the data seen there is tabular ;) I think most would argue not
though.

As for CSS, it works perfectly reliably, once you know how to use it...
Getting a 3 column layout or anything more exciting than content, menu,
sidebar is a pain unless you're more experienced with CSS, takes a while
to learn the tricks for it. Then, unless you're a web developer, you
forget how to do it next time you need to :3

--
Robert
http://octarineparrot.com/