New home page

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 19:31:23 PDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 04, 2010 at 10:28:11PM -0400, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> Speaking of, if anyone has links to well-regarded "why you shouldn't use
> tables for layout" information, please post them.

Meh, just view source on any website that uses layout tables extensively.
(I'm ok with them every once and a while, but most sites that do tables
like that use them *everywhere*. It is a mess of nested garbage.)

That source is completely unreadable and even harder to edit. When I'm
presented to that, I don't even try anymore. I just delete the whole tree
and do it from scratch by looking at the design.

Now, I've seen godawful CSS designs too, hell, most that html is fairly unreadable
too, but I've also seen CSS done right. I've never seen layout tables done right
(excepting, again, if they are used very sparingly).