New home page

Stephan Soller stephan.soller at helionweb.de
Tue Oct 5 07:04:40 PDT 2010

On 05.10.2010 12:24, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> "Stephan Soller"<stephan.soller at helionweb.de>  wrote in message
> news:i8epjv$1d3p$1 at digitalmars.com...
>>   (and the search engines are very happy about proper HTML code, too).
>
> I've actually come across this point before, that search engines will rank a
> page that doesn't use tables for layout better than one that does. I can't
> really argue against that point, but I am really curious. Does anyone have
> links to any authoritative information on this?

I would also like to see solid information on that topic but I'm afraid
this statement is very hard to catch. The Google SEO Guide mainly
focuses on the title and description of websites as well as headings an
links. I suppose more detailed structures and elements (lists, tables,
em, code, etc.) are not that important for search engines but for other
tools that need to work with the document structure (js scripts, screen
readers, semantic analysis, data mining, etc.).

Happy programming
Stephan