D 2.0 Stacktrace

Yao G. yao.gomez at spam.gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 11:25:56 PDT 2010

Hi Benjamin.

I've tried your stacktrace code, with DMD v2.049, on Windows XP. But I hit
two issues:

1. When compiling with -w (warnings) I get this error on your code:

> C:\dmd\src\stacktrace.d(218): Warning: overrides base class function
> object.Object.toString, but is not marked with 'override'

Compiles either adding the override keyword, or without using the -w
switch.

2. With this simple program:
---
import stacktrace;

void main( string[] args )
{
     throw new Exception("Test");
}
---

I get the following in the command line:

> object.Exception: Test
> ----------------
> 00 4683480
> 01 4683543
> 02 4683233
> 03 4887305
> 04 RegisterWaitForInputIdle

I just get a bunch of (I presume) addresses, but no names for the methods
in the stack trace chain.

I don't know if there something wrong with my setup, or maybe something is
interfering with the stack trace printing. Any thoughts?

--
Yao G.