D 2.0 Stacktrace - similar problems

Austin Hastings ah08010-d at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 8 15:36:30 PDT 2010

On 10/8/2010 2:46 AM, Benjamin Thaut wrote:

> Hm I don't have a XP machine to test on. But as Symbol 04 is resolved,
> it seems to work. It just can not resolve symbols inside your
> application. There is no upper limit to dbghelp.dll. I'm on Windows 7
> with dbghelp version 6.1.7600.16385. Most likely the probelm are the CV
> debugging symbols, as it was kind of hacky to get it to read those. Try
> converting your application with cv2pdb to pdb debugging symbols and see
> if this fixes the problem.

I ran cv2pdb.exe on the binary, and that works a treat:

object.Exception: Test
----------------
00 rtdmain2mainrunMain
01 rtdmain2mainrunAll
02 main
03 mainCRTStartup
04 RegisterWaitForInputIdle

Thanks for your help, Benjamin!

My next question would be, why does the stack trace look this way? I'm
throwing the exception from D's main. I assume that's entry #02. But
what are the other two entries, and why are they on the stack?

=Austin