[OT] DVCS

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Wed Oct 27 04:36:47 PDT 2010

On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 13:58:56 +0300, Gour <gour at atmarama.net> wrote:

> I believe you didn't try much of the competition like Launchpad,
> Bitbucket, Gitorious etc.

You're right, I haven't used them for my own projects, but I did look at
them briefly.

> What you are describing is neither very special nor specific to
> Github.

I must be blind - I just looked at all of the hosting solutions you
mentioned, and this is what I saw:

Launchpad: Looking at https://launchpad.net/bzr I see absolutely no
mention of branching/forking.
Bitbucket: http://bitbucket.org/tortoisehg/stable/descendants shows an
unformatted, almost-unreadable list of forks.
Gitorious: http://qt.gitorious.org/qt/repositories takes forever to load,
and when it does it shows a list of widgets for each fork, with no useful
information except the name of the repository (usually
username~"-"~projectname).

--
Best regards,
  Vladimir                            mailto:vladimir at thecybershadow.net