[OT] DVCS

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Wed Oct 27 06:07:52 PDT 2010

On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 14:36:47 +0300
>>>>>> "Vladimir" == <vladimir at thecybershadow.net> wrote:

Vladimir> Launchpad: Looking at https://launchpad.net/bzr I see
Vladimir> absolutely no mention of branching/forking.

Try https://code.launchpad.net/bzr

Vladimir> Bitbucket: http://bitbucket.org/tortoisehg/stable/descendants
Vladimir> shows an unformatted, almost-unreadable list of forks.

Well, it's question of bitbucket's interface, nothing about git.

Vladimir> Gitorious: http://qt.gitorious.org/qt/repositories takes
Vladimir> forever to load, and when it does it shows a list of widgets
Vladimir> for each fork, with no useful information except the name of
Vladimir> the repository (usually username~"-"~projectname).

Ditto.

Otoh, when I have to choose DVCS, then I primarily look at its VCS
features and not so much about features of the public hosting which is
of secondary concern.

However, considering that there are no darcs solutions for public
hosting, I've decided to use Monotone (with indefero.net) instead.

Still, github with it's non-beatable workflow is not enough to
persuade me to use Git 'cause I'll work more with the DVCS than with
it's hosting UI.

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: CDBF17CA