[OT] DVCS

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Wed Oct 27 12:19:06 PDT 2010

On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 20:18:43 +0200
>>>>>> "klickverbot" == klickverbot wrote:

klickverbot> Could you give any examples for this?

man git

It's simply too complex with huge command set which makes it too
difficult to understand what's going on 'under the hood'.

klickverbot> While I can understand people who think that the raw power
klickverbot> Git makes it too easy to shoot yourself in the foot (I
klickverbot> personally don't think so, but that's a different topic),
klickverbot> I guess I don't really see how it would stand in your way,
klickverbot> given that you can do everything you need by just chaining
klickverbot> together a few well-known commands…

It stands in one's way in the sense that it's not easy to know what's
going on. Compare it with e.g. darcs' ui and/or nicely designed
Monotone (Linus would choose it if there had not been performance
issues at that time).

I want that DVCS serves me and not vice versa. :-)

Moreover, I believe that Git is over-hyped mostly due to its performance and
I prefer design over raw speed.

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: CDBF17CA