[OTx2] Windows

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Thu Oct 28 00:29:12 PDT 2010

On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 10:25:21 +0300, Vladimir Panteleev
<vladimir at thecybershadow.net> wrote:

>  A good analogy is writing software only for Linux, because the major OS
> is so horrible.

For what it's worth, I never had any problems with my Windows install -
the only time I reinstalled was when I upgraded to newer versions (and I
do that when I upgrade my hardware, incl. HDDs, anyway).

 From my experience of troubleshooting others' Windows computers, all the
breakages come from badly-written applications (and installers), which
overwrite system files or (sometimes forcibly) integrate themselves into
every corner of the operating system, causing instability etc. This isn't
a problem with Windows - its "problem" is that it's the most popular OS,
for which so much bad software is written (not to mention malware).

--
Best regards,
  Vladimir                            mailto:vladimir at thecybershadow.net