D Concurrent GC

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Thu Sep 16 10:23:09 PDT 2010

dsimcha Wrote:

> == Quote from Sean Kelly (sean at invisibleduck.org)'s article
>
> > Dunno.  For now, I've just sent my modified copy to Leandro and the druntime
> list for people to play with.  It seems quite promising though.
>
> Been meaning to ask, what does this GC do with regard to precise scanning?  Is it
> substantially less conservative than the current D2 GC?

Its gc_malloc, etc, accept a PointerMap type which I assume is used for precise scanning, but I couldn't find a definition of PointerMap in the GC code or other obvious locations so I disabled it for now.  I assume it's from the precise scanning patch and that I can get whatever else is needed from there.  For now, I just wanted a functional port to test.