D/Objective-C: hit a dead end, start anew

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Sep 20 01:23:38 PDT 2010

On 2010-09-18 16:36, Michel Fortin wrote:
> On 2010-09-18 06:10:53 -0400, Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> said:
>
>> Ok, now I'm not sure I understand. If you don't specify a selector for
>> a declared method, how will the selector look like? In your example
>> above, if you don't specify the selector how will it be something like:
>>
>> getObject:: ?
>
> Exactly. Note that this is a valid selector name.
>
> Though I might decide on something else later. I'm thinking about
> mangling the argument types in the selector to make it work better with
> overloading.

What about two methods that take the same number of parameters and of
the same types but have two distinct selectors in Objective-C, like
insertSublayer:below: and insertSublayer:above: in the CALayer class in
the QuartzCore framework. Should those be translated to
insertSublayerBelow or insertSublayer_below_ or something like that? Or
have you planed a syntax that will solve this some other way?

--
/Jacob Carlborg