dmd 1.064 and 2.049 release

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue Sep 28 14:52:33 PDT 2010

Don:

> Sorry bearophile, regressions and wrong-code bugs will ALWAYS have top
> priority. There will be no apology for fixing bugs like 3996, 4681, and
> 4009. <g>.

Thinking quite more about it, I don't agree. Those are critical implementation bugs, but they are bugs still. Design bugs come before critical implementation bugs because if you don't fix them sooner, they become permanent. Among my list of little design bugs to fix there are things more important than 3996, 4681, and 4009, and the risk of seeing them become permanent is growing at every dmd2 release after TDPL publication.

Bye,
bearophile