[OT] Re: Short forum post on REST API

Daniel Gibson metalcaedes at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 15:30:56 PDT 2011

Am 03.04.2011 00:22, schrieb Adam D. Ruppe:
> Nick Sabalausky:
>> Heh, yup. Because after all, VRML just went over sooo well.
>
> Yeah... "what's old is new again" fits so well to web 2.0.
>
> WebGL gets more minus points too since its on shaky technical
> grounds too. It isn't very 'webby' if you will and may have
> security implications... but wheee you can make shitty ports
> of old games to the browser!

If it helps killing Flash I'm fine with WebGL, HTML5-videotag (I hope google's
WebM will win) etc. However that shouldn't be used in serious (non
demo/showcase) websites until proper support is ready in all major browsers.

As a web developer you should be glad that IE5/6's days are over and browsers
are a more standard-conformant - or did you like writing a different version  of
your websites for each browser?
A friend of mine who does web programming complained about having to work around
IE6's anomalies a lot until he could finally stop supporting it, so I'm kind of
surprised that you and Nick seem to like these old versions of the IE.

Cheers,
- Daniel