[Article Context, First Draft] Concurrency, Parallelism and D

Daniel Gibson metalcaedes at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 17:28:44 PDT 2011

Am 10.04.2011 00:27, schrieb Torarin:
> 2011/4/8 dsimcha <dsimcha at yahoo.com>:
>> Here's a first draft of an article on D's approaches to concurrency and
>> parallelism for D's article contest.  It's not an official submission yet,
>> but feedback would be appreciated.
>>
>> http://davesdprogramming.wordpress.com/2011/04/07/7/
>>

> A very good article! And I like that you linked to other articles that
> go into more detail on  relevant subjects. I wouldn't mind a couple
> more examples.
>
> Torarin

After all the language bikeshedding I'll add something on-topic to this
thread ;)

I agree with Torarin: It's a very good article, I like how further
explanations are linked and I also wouldn't mind some more examples.

Some additional notes:
 * A link to the std.parallelism docs would make sense
 * "This means that no data that is not either immutable or shared may
be transitively reachable via pointers or references passed into a
spawned function or passed as a message." is a strange sentence with
those two negations in it.
 * Maybe you could compare std.parallelism to OpenMP in terms of syntax
and functionality? That would probably help all the people that are
familiar with it.

Cheers,
- Daniel