[Article Context, First Draft] Concurrency, Parallelism and D

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sun Apr 10 17:55:26 PDT 2011

On 04/10/2011 06:29 PM, Don wrote:
> Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

>>> Actually, I specifically remember learning about this grammar rule in
>>> middle school. When listing stuff, the comma before the "and" is
>>> optional. Putting it and not putting it are both correct.
>>
>> I see. I go by "Bugs in Writing" (awesome book)
>
> Ugh. I have a profound hatred for that book. Rule of thumb: if any style
> guide warns agains split infinitives, burn it.

You may want to reconsider. This is one book that most everybody who is
in the writing business in any capacity agrees with: my editor,
heavyweight technical writers, my advisor and a few other professors...

Besides you can't discount the book on account of one item you disagree
with. The book has hundreds of items, and it is near inevitable one will
find an issue a couple of them.

Andrei