Goldie Parsing System v0.4 Released - Now for D2

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 09:16:37 PDT 2011

I've used your tool yesterday. I used it on a simple C file with the
ANSI C grammar from the gold website. It does seem to work fine, but
yeah I have to preprocess a C file first (I've spent so much time with
D that I almost completely forgot about the C preprocessor in the
first place).

I've tried a file with your ParseAnything sample. It works ok as long
as all the types are defined. If not I usually get a Token exception
of some sort. Is this considered the semantic pass stage?

Btw, is there a grammar file for C99? What about C++, I haven't seen a
grammar on the Gold website? (well, C++ is a monster, I know..).

I'm also trying to figure out whether to go with the static or dynamic
approach (I've looked at your docs). The static examples seem quite
complex, but perhaps they're more reliable. I think I'll do a few
tryouts with dynamic style since it looks much easier to do. If I get
anything done you'll know about it. :)