Visual D 0.3.29 features C++ to D conversion wizard

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Sat Dec 3 23:39:26 PST 2011

On 04.12.2011 06:30, bearophile wrote:
> Rainer Schuetze:
>
>> http://www.dsource.org/projects/visuald/wiki/Tour/CppConversion
>> There is also a command line version available for those not working
>> with Visual Studio.
>
> It seems a nice tool.
>
> If I try it on this C++ code:
>

> enum Foos { A, B };
> char *Colors[] = {"red", "blue", "green"};
> int main() {
>      return 0;
> }
>

> It outputs:
>

> module test;
>
> enum Foos { A, B };
> char *Colors[] = {"red", "blue", "green"};
> int main() {
>      return 0;
> }

I would have expected it to convert the braces into brackets. It does
not seem to work with pointer types, while if you specify "string" as a
value type,

string Colors[] = {"red", "blue", "green"};

converts to

string Colors[] = ["red", "blue", "green"];

It would be nice if it could count the elements in the array.