gl3n - linear algebra and more for D

David d at dav1d.de
Mon Dec 5 04:48:43 PST 2011

Am 05.12.2011 13:30, schrieb ParticlePeter:
> Hi David,
>
> what a lovely Library, very useful for me right now. I am using Derelict and have
> just right now written my first Shader Projection Matrix ( as Uniform ). As far as
> I can see, there is no code for a Projection Matrix in your Lib ( ignore this if I
> have just missed it ), so the attached method should do it.
> ( I found the original code here:
> http://www.geeks3d.com/20090729/howto-perspective-projection-matrix-in-opengl/ )
>
> Now, a little embarrassing ... :-) I am with D for around 2 Weeks now, so ... how
> can I actually use your modules ?
> I am using VisualD, in the prefs I added the Path to the source code, but I am
> getting "cannot find symbol blah" when I build my project. Any idea why ? The d
> files are found, but what do I have to import ?
>
> Cheers, ParticlePeter
>

> begin 644 linalg_project.d
> M+R\@1F5E;"!F<F5E('1O('5S90T*#0IV;VED('!R;VIE8W0H(&9L;V%T(&9O
> M=BP at 9FQO870@87-P96-T+"!F;&]A="!Z;F5A<BP at 9FQO870@>F9A<B`I("![
> M#0H-"@EF;&]A="!025]/5D527S,V,"`](#`N,#`X-S(V-B`[#0H-"@EF;&]A
> M="!X>6UA>"`]('IN96%R("H@=&%N*"!F;W8@*B!025]/5D527S,V,"`I(#L-
> M"@EF;&]A="!Y;6EN(#T at +7AY;6%X.PT*"69L;V%T('AM:6X@/2`M>'EM87@[
> M#0H-"@EF;&]A="!W:61T:"`]('AY;6%X("T@>&UI;CL-"@EF;&]A="!H96EG
> M:'0@/2!X>6UA>"`M('EM:6X[#0H-"@EF;&]A="!D97!T:"`]('IF87(@+2!Z
> M;F5A<CL-"@EF;&]A="!Q(#T at +2AZ9F%R("L@>FYE87(I("\@9&5P=&@[#0H)
> M9FQO870@<6X@/2`M,B`J("AZ9F%R("H@>FYE87(I("\@9&5P=&@[#0H-"@EF
> M;&]A="!W(#T@,B`J('IN96%R("\@=VED=&@[#0H)=R`]('<@+R!A<W!E8W0[
> M#0H)9FQO870@:"`](#(@*B!Z;F5A<B`O(&AE:6=H=#L-"@T*"6UA=')I>%LP
> M75LP72`]('<[#0H);6%T<FEX6S!=6S%=(#T@,#L-"@EM871R:7A;,%U;,ET@
> M/2`P.PT*"6UA=')I>%LP75LS72`](#`[#0H-"@EM871R:7A;,5U;,%T@/2`P
> M.PT*"6UA=')I>%LQ75LQ72`](&@[#0H);6%T<FEX6S%=6S)=(#T@,#L-"@EM
> M871R:7A;,5U;,UT@/2`P.PT*#0H);6%T<FEX6S)=6S!=(#T@,#L-"@EM871R
> M:7A;,EU;,5T@/2`P.PT*"6UA=')I>%LR75LR72`]('$[#0H);6%T<FEX6S)=
> M6S-=(#T at +3$[#0H-"@EM871R:7A;,UU;,%T@/2`P.PT*"6UA=')I>%LS75LQ
> M72`](#`[#0H);6%T<FEX6S-=6S)=(#T@<6X[#0H);6%T<FEX6S-=6S-=(#T@
> ',#L-"@T*?0``
> `
> end
Hi

Great you like gl3n. For a projection-matrix use: mat4.perspective or if
you want an orthographic: mat4.orthographic, unfortunatly ddoc ignores
this block (I think because of "static if(isFloatingPoint!mt)", it
begins here:
https://bitbucket.org/dav1d/gl3n/src/affe3816c7a4/gl3n/linalg.d#cl-1080

I don't know VisualD but you've normally to add the path to the files
(base dir, it is -Ipath/goes/here for dmd) and also each file, it could
look like this:

-Igl3n/ gl3n/interpolate.d gl3n/linalg.d gl3n/math.d gl3n/util.d my_prog.d

and in my_prog.d you import the parts of gl3n as follows:

import gl3n.linalg; // if you want linear algebra, vectors, matrices and
quats
import gl3n.math; // if you need math, normally you always do!
import gl3n.interpolate; // for interpolation functions
import gl3n.util; // to check for types

Hope this helps
- dav1d