dmd 2.057 release

Adrian adrian.remove-nospam at veith-system.de
Thu Dec 15 03:02:11 PST 2011

Am 14.12.2011 18:57, schrieb Walter Bright:
> On 12/14/2011 6:59 AM, Adrian wrote:
>> I have a strange crash of the new dmd 2.057 compiler.
>
> I can't do anything without a reproducible test case.

I tried to reduce the problem as much as possible and found out the
following:

- I have include a bug.bat which shows the commandline I used.

- for the crash to happen the project has to be compiled with the
switches  -noboundscheck and -deps="bug.dep". if you omit one of them
the crash wont show.

- the module btree.d has to be compiled with the project, even if it is
not referenced from main.d. if it is not in the command line - no crash

- if you comment out the first writeln("Hello D-World!") in main() - no
crash

- if you comment out the other two writeln(..) in main() - no crash

hope you can reproduce it on another system - it sounds too odd to me
and if it is not reproducible on another system I feel a bit crazy.

Adrian.