Programming Windows D Examples are now Online!

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 16:53:48 PST 2011

On 6/21/11, Andrej Mitrovic <andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is a translation project of Charles Petzold's Programming Windows
> (5th edition) book code samples.
>
> Currently over 120 code samples have been translated into D, with only
> a few modules remaining.
>
> Everything else you need to know is in the Readme file:
> https://github.com/AndrejMitrovic/DWinProgramming
>
> The examples were tested on fresh installs of XP and Win7 with the
> only dependency being DMD v2.053 and an NT operating system. I hope
> everyone will be able to build these examples without too much
> trouble. *crosses fingers*

Update: The cool news is that most samples now build via GDC, you will
need to download the latest GDC (there's a new one from a few hours
ago), from:
https://bitbucket.org/goshawk/gdc/downloads
(tested with https://bitbucket.org/goshawk/gdc/downloads/gcc-4.6.1-tdm-1-gdc-7e22befef29c-20111215.7z).
You will also need to install Perl (GDMD is still a perl script) and
copy the gdmd.bat batch file to GDC's bin dir.

There's also a couple of new samples unrelated to the book.