New homepage design of d-p-l.org is now live. <eom>

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 07:09:52 PST 2011

On Friday, 16 December 2011 at 13:33:06 UTC, Stewart Gordon wrote:
> But whatever I try to validate it as, there are errors.

Does validation make any positive difference at all?

I used to do it, but it prohibits things that are useful
and work fine in practice* without offering much, if anything,
in return.

I've found that checking for well-formedness - that your tags
are closed, attributes quoted, and entities encoded - is worth
it, but the structure imposed by the doctype offers almost no
help.

* An example being custom attributes. The html5 validator will
allow some of them, but the other ones won't.