D2 port of Tango

Jordi Sayol g.sayol at yahoo.es
Sat Dec 24 08:22:10 PST 2011

Al 24/12/11 14:20, En/na mta`chrono ha escrit:
> Hey Jordi,
>
> thank you for posting your results!!! :-)
>
> It tries to read "core.sys.posix.sys.un" which is part of druntime.

Yes, but it is not present on dmd.2.057.zip

> Unlike SiegeLord's branch I've removed tango's runtime and build on top
> of druntime. This step is inevitable in order to make tango and phobos
> work side by side.

hmmm, SiegeLord's branch works together with phobos too.

> The file that cannot be read on your system is definitivly there.
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/blob/master/src/core/sys/posix/sys/un.d
>
> You just need to checkout druntime, phobos and tango and put them in
> some kind of following file structure.
>
> /usr/include/d/dmd/druntime
> /usr/include/d/dmd/tango
> /usr/include/d/dmd/phobos
>
> Then compile druntime, phobos and tango.

After checkout, it properly compiles your branch of tango! many thanks!

Here is a link to a deb file containing your tango branch.

https://d-packages.googlecode.com/files/libtango-dev_1.99%7E2011.12.23-0_all.deb

It includes both 32 and 64-bit libraries, the modules, and the pkg-config configuration file for an easy compiling:
$ dmd `pkg-config --cflags --libs tango` myapp.d

As it was compiled with dmd 2.058 and there is not deb package for this version yet, this tango deb package has no  any dmd dependency (enough just for testing).

Now I've many problems generating documentation.
$ make doc -f posix.mak
dmd -o- -version=TangoDoc -Dfdoc/html/tango/core/Array.html tango/core/Array.d
dmd -o- -version=TangoDoc -Dfdoc/html/tango/core/BitArray.html tango/core/BitArray.d
dmd -o- -version=TangoDoc -Dfdoc/html/tango/core/ByteSwap.html tango/core/ByteSwap.d
dmd -o- -version=TangoDoc -Dfdoc/html/tango/core/Exception.html tango/core/Exception.d
dmd -o- -version=TangoDoc -Dfdoc/html/tango/core/RuntimeTraits.html tango/core/RuntimeTraits.d
tango/core/RuntimeTraits.d(569): use of typedef is deprecated; use alias instead
tango/core/RuntimeTraits.d(569): use of typedef is deprecated; use alias instead
make: *** [doc/html/tango/core/RuntimeTraits.html] Error 1

Best regards,
--
Jordi Sayol