D2 port of Tango

mta`chrono chrono at mta-international.net
Tue Dec 27 05:04:28 PST 2011

> Al 24/12/11 14:20, En/na mta`chrono ha escrit:
>>
>> Unlike SiegeLord's branch I've removed tango's runtime and build on top
>> of druntime. This step is inevitable in order to make tango and phobos
>> work side by side.
>
> SiegeLord's branch do not need druntime lib to be present on the system when compiling tango-d2, and the resulting libraries can be used together with phobos.

If you start use phobos and tango more intensively, you'll ran into
different problems.

Consider this: Cannot implicit convert struct timeval to struct timeval.
Just because there are two definitions, one in druntime and another in
tango.

Sooner or later you'll get crazy. I'm going to remove everything that's
already present in druntime.

> import std.stdio;
> import tango.io.Stdout;
>
> void main()
> {
>   writeln("hello phobos!");
>   Stdout("hello tango!").newline;
> }
>
> Properly compiles and run.
> So, is it not a good idea to join forces to advance more strongly, since pursued the same goal?
>
> Best regards,

Okay, I've also changed a little bit of tango's original api. People
might dislike this. But it's a little bit more KISS (Keep it small and
simple).

tango.utils.container.more.Stack.

Why not just use

tango.container.Stack ?