New web newsreader - requesting participation

Andrew Wiley debio264 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 08:10:17 PST 2011

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 10:06 AM, Andrej Mitrovic <andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
> wrote:

> On 2/1/11, Andrew Wiley <debio264 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm not sure what you mean. I have my Gmail account subscribed to the
> > mailing lists, and everything seems fine?
>
> When you start a new topic it doesn't show up in Gmail. Well, maybe
> they've fixed that recently? I haven't tried in a while, but it didn't
> work before.

The email doesn't show up in the inbox until someone replies. This behavior
makes sense to me, at least, because sent messages go to "Sent Mail" and
don't appear in the inbox until they become conversations between multiple
people.
If that frustrates you, well, it's how email clients work because you want
to separate the ongoing discussions from the send-and-forget messages.