BlogPost: Implementing an asynchronous, epoll based network client with Tango

Mathias Laurenz Baumann mathias.baumann at sociomantic.com
Fri Feb 18 05:38:24 PST 2011

Greetings,

> It's a very interesting topic. Do you know how Tango's implementation
> compares to boost.asio or libevent?

We never compared the performance of asio, libevent and tango. I
personally only worked with asio before,
but even there I did not benchmark it for any comparison.
However, as they all use epoll in the background (when running on linux),
I presume that they all have a very similar performance.

> BTW. Exploring your webpage I have seen for the first time a job for a D
> programmer :)
Using D for production is .. interesting. It has its pitfalls and we have
some unpleasant surprises every now and then, but in general our software
works pretty good with it.
Of course, finding a D programmer is not easy. I think I am the first who
developed in D before working here :)

--
Mathias Baumann
Research and Development