Alternative linker win32/64

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 12:35:17 PST 2011

On 18.02.2011 23:15, notna wrote:
> Am I the only one getting a virus warning as soon as I try to unpack
> the ZIP file?
>
> This one is found within the binary:
> TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen

Ouch, that creepy. My McAfee doesn't detect anything. Being suspicious
by nature I run it through http://www.virustotal.com
<http://www.virustotal.com/>
1/42 positives which makes my think you have Avira AntiVir.
Well, I'm aware that UniLink uses some weird protection techs to prevent
revers engineering, and digging through Avira database reveals it's
heuristic entry in nature:

*TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen*

A generic detection routine designed to detect common family
characteristics shared in several variants.

This special detection routine was developed in order to detect unknown
variants and will be enhanced continuously.

IMHO it's misfire, but it might be a good idea to send them the file for
analysis.

--
Dmitry Olshansky