D Programming Language source (dmd, phobos, etc.) has moved to github

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Mon Jan 24 05:25:24 PST 2011

On 2011-01-24 07:52:24 -0500, Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> said:

> On 2011-01-24 05:26, Walter Bright wrote:
>> https://github.com/organizations/D-Programming-Language
>>
>> We're all learning how to use github, but by most accounts it seems to
>> be the best available system for the diverse group of people who work on
>> it.
>
> BTW, what about the backend in the DMD repository. Is is ok now to just
> fork the repository?

There's a big inviting 'Fork' button for that at the top of each page
which duplicates the repository in your own account (without any
warning I might add). So whether it's okay or not, I'm pretty sure most
people who do not closely read the license will assume it is. A Github
free account is meant for 'open-source' projects after all.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://michelf.com/