D Programming Language source (dmd, phobos, etc.) has moved to github

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 24 06:25:41 PST 2011

On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 09:00:21 -0500, Johannes Pfau <spam at example.com> wrote:

> Walter Bright wrote:
>> David Wang wrote:
>>> Dear Walter,
>>>
>>> I went to the github and try to download the source, I found that
>>> the latest version on github is the old version.
>>>
>>> for example:
>>>
>>> druntime - Downloads: dmd-2.042
>>> Phobos -   Downloads: phobos-2.046
>>> DMD -      Downloads: dmd-2.046
>>>
>>> I think the actural latest version of D should be 2.051.
>>>
>>> Why github can not showing the 2.051 version(dmd, phobos,
>>> druntime, and so on.) ?
>>
>> I think it is because the tags were never done properly on svn, either.
>
> It's still possible to add the tags (see
> http://progit.org/book/ch2-6.html "Tagging Later") but we'd have to
> know the commits used for the releases. I guess there's
> no easy way to figure out which commits were used for the releases?

All source is included in the compiler.  It's simply a matter of doing a
directory compare of the code against source control.  The date released
should narrow it down to a manageable level.

I have done it in the past
(http://www.dsource.org/projects/druntime/changeset/272)  In fact, it
looks like I was the last one to tag druntime :)

Some script-fu could probably fill in all the holes automatically...

-Steve