D Programming Language source (dmd, phobos,etc.) has moved to github

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Tue Jan 25 14:54:33 PST 2011

On 1/25/11 11:28 PM, Robert Clipsham wrote:
> For all the nay-sayers to numbers in revisions - unless you're working
> on huge projects with lots of developers,[…]

Erm, no offense intended, but »lots« seems to be pretty much everything
above a single one for me – as soon as you'll use Mercurial like an
actual DVCS, revision numbers will inevitably differ among the various
repository clones.

For a small D-related example, just compare the revision numbers in the
main Bitbucket repo and Alexey's personal one – and guess what you'll
see. And unfortunately, LDC isn't quite »huge«.

I was skeptical about not having revision numbers available back when I
started to use Git as well, but I still have to encounter a single
situation in my workflow where I wouldn't have to look up the SVN rev
referring to a particular commit (when I have to search through the logs
anyway, I don't care about whether I have to use the hash or a SVN-style
rev anyway), but still couldn't use some relative notation, possibly in
combination with local branches/tags…

David