DVM - D Version Manager

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 14:59:53 PST 2011

Jacob Carlborg Wrote:

> Yeah, I guess you're right, didn't think there were a lot people who
> used other shells. Since I almost know nothing about shell scripting and
> even less about non-bourne shells, will it be possible to port to other
> shells? How much do they differ?
>
> --
> /Jacob Carlborg

To add to Lutger's message. I believe it is sh that is required by all Posix systems, or at least an equivalent. Similarly I think vi is also a requirement.

In all likelyhood you probably used a Bash specific feature, but usually everyone has bash even if they use zsh... Though Ubuntu/Debian has started pointing /bin/sh to dash which is complaint with posix...