D Programming Language source (dmd, phobos, etc.) has moved to github

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Wed Jan 26 12:43:11 PST 2011

"Kagamin" <spam at here.lot> wrote in message
news:ihpjji$115f$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Nick Sabalausky Wrote:
>
>> official public repo: r184
>> official public repo: r185
>> ...etc.
>>
>> Versus:
>>
>> 9f4e5ac4f0a3
>> 13cf8da225ce
>> ...etc.
>>
>> I don't know about other people, but I find the former to be far more
>> readable, far more descriptive, and actually possible to reason about.
>> Sure,
>> the latter can be copy-pasted and it still refers to the same changeset,
>> but
>> other then that it's meaningless gibberish.
>
> A little example: today I commited changeset 35912, and 35780 - 10 day
> ago. Try to recall these random-looking numbers after reading a couple of
> posts in this NG.

1. That's obviously a *lot* easier than 9f4e5ac4f0a3 and 13cf8da225ce

2. 35912 and 35780 are obviously related to each other in a certain way. I
can tell just buy glancing that 35912 is a little over 100 commits after
35780. And I can immediately tell that they're both *far* newer than, say,
243. And far older than, say, 54928. Try doing that with hashes.