DVM - D Version Manager

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Wed Jan 26 13:34:01 PST 2011

On 2011-01-26 21:53, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> "Jacob Carlborg"<doob at me.com>  wrote in message
> news:ihq02n$28ki$1 at digitalmars.com...
>> On 2011-01-26 14:58, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>>> On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 03:36:24 -0500, Jacob Carlborg<doob at me.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> I typically find /bin/sh features to be enough for implementing most
>>> scripts.
>>
>> I have no idea. I need to be able use the following commands/functions:
>>
>> export, source, builtin hash, rm, echo, exit, exec
>>

> Can't all (or most) of that be done in straight D?

It all comes done to one thing, the "source" function. If you launch an
application in a shell that application can't set environment variables
that will be available to the shell when the application exits.

So instead I have most of the application written in D with a bash
function that wraps the application. It works like this:

1. The function calls the D application
2. The D application performs all it needs to and writes a shell script
to a file
3. The bash function calls "source" with this file as a parameter

--
/Jacob Carlborg