D Programming Language source (dmd, phobos, etc.) has moved to github

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 14:47:09 PST 2011

Mercurial gives every revision two numbers:

"""
changeset: This field has the format of a number, followed by a colon,
followed by a hexadecimal (or hex) string. These are identifiers for
the changeset. The hex string is a unique identifier: the same hex
string will always refer to the same changeset in every copy of this
repository. The number is shorter and easier to type than the hex
string, but it isn't unique: the same number in two different clones
of a repository may identify different changesets.
"""
example--
changeset:   0:0a04b987be5a

http://hgbook.red-bean.com/read/a-tour-of-mercurial-the-basics.html --
see section: "A Tour Through History"

Is that the kind of thing you're wanting?

--bb