DVM - D Version Manager

Daniel Gibson metalcaedes at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 04:29:26 PST 2011

Am 27.01.2011 13:05, schrieb Jacob Carlborg:
> On 2011-01-26 23:46, Michel Fortin wrote:
>> On 2011-01-26 15:24:56 -0500, Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> said:
>>
>>> /bin/sh is not a symlink on Mac OS X. I guess I just can try to use sh
>>> instead of bash.
>>
>> But should it output this?
>>
>> $ /bin/sh --version
>> GNU bash, version 3.2.48(1)-release (x86_64-apple-darwin10.0)
>> Copyright (C) 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>> $
>>
>> This is on Mac OS X 10.6.6.
>
> I have no idea. Perhaps it will run bash in a mode which is compatible
> with sh.

Or just in normal mode, like linux distributions have been done for ages
(and some still do).
bash *is* compatible with sh (=> everything that runs in sh runs in
bash), but sh is not compatible with bash (=> bash has features that
other sh-compliant shells don't have and that are not required by the
corresponding POSIX standard).