D Programming Language source (dmd, phobos,etc.) has moved to github

"Jérôme M. Berger" jeberger at free.fr
Thu Jan 27 14:40:03 PST 2011

Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> "Bill Baxter" <wbaxter at gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:mailman.977.1296083661.4748.digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com...
>> Mercurial gives every revision two numbers:
>>
>> Is that the kind of thing you're wanting?
>>

> Yea, and that's pretty much the original thing I was saying: It's nice that
> Hg seems to have it, but Git doesn't appear to be particularly interested in
> it.

	Of course, Git does not have it! Svn has it so it *must* be a bad
idea ;)

		Jerome

PS: FWIW, I agree with you. Plus, there is another use case where
sequential number are very useful: each time you want to operate on
a past revision in your own repository (e.g "hg up n" or "hg diff -r
n"), it is much easier to designate that revision with a sequential
number than with the hash.
mailto:jeberger at free.fr
http://jeberger.free.fr
Jabber: jeberger at jabber.fr