D Programming Language source (dmd, phobos,etc.) has moved to github

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Fri Jan 28 05:42:27 PST 2011

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 21:48:28 +0200, Don <nospam at nospam.com> wrote:

> Yes, in theory that's true. In practice, I don't believe it.
> Just because you're using a DVCS doesn't mean you have no project
> organisation whatsoever. There's always going to be a repository that
> the release is made from.

Git was written specifically to aid the development of the Linux kernel,
which is perhaps the most obvious counter-example to what you're stating.
In the context of a distribution, the "main repository" of the project is
the distro's kernel repository, where distro-specific development is made
and upstream patches are merged in. The same can be said about Android, a
widely-forked project.

--
Best regards,
  Vladimir                            mailto:vladimir at thecybershadow.net