D Programming Language source (dmd, phobos, etc.) has moved to github

Russel Winder russel at russel.org.uk
Fri Jan 28 08:49:48 PST 2011

On Fri, 2011-01-28 at 12:43 -0300, Leandro Lucarella wrote:
> Russel Winder, el 28 de enero a las 11:30 me escribiste:
[ . . . ]
> > Bazaar does indeed have revision numbers per branch.  Note that branch
> > and repository is a different concept in Bazaar, unlike Git and
> > Mercurial where they are fundamentally the same.
>
> WRONG about Git.

Depends what you thought I was saying . . .

> AFAIK only in Darcs branch and repository is the same.

. . . I think you misunderstood what I meant by my statement.

What I was trying to say was that Git and Mercurial have effectively the
same ideas of repository and branch (at least from a surface usage
perspective -- there are significant differences if you delve deeply).
Bazaar has a very different idea of what branch and repository are.  So
in this respect Git and Mercurial are in the same equivalence class and
Bazaar is in a different one.  I have no idea where Darcs would sit, I
have never used it beyond trying to compile Haskell this time last year.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at russel.org.uk